pH Neutral solutions are safe for Vinyl and Quartz
Sunday, December 13th, 2020
We can supply pH neutral products that are safe for both Vinyl and Quartz.
If you’ve had a natural stone countertop or floor installed, you probably asked the contractor or salesperson how you should clean it. The answer: use a pH neutral cleaner. But, what is that and what does that mean?
The pH scale is used to determine how acidic or alkaline is a particular solution . The scale ranges from 0 to 14. If a value is less than pH7 it is acidic. Subsequently; a value more than pH7 is alkaline. You guessed it “just right” is pH7 right in the middle – classified it as neutral.
So why is a neutral cleaner so important when cleaning natural stone? Some natural stones are sensitive to acid – specifically marble, travertine and any stone treated with resin for bonding or to enhance the color. This basically covers almost all natural stone surfaces. So, if you use a cleaner that has a pH value below 7, it may etch or burn the surface leaving it discolored and rough to the touch. Popular household cleaners are all over the pH scale and for a good reason. Alkaline solutions are better at cutting through organic material like dirt, grease, proteins, foods like tomato sauce and oils. Acidic cleaners are better for removing inorganic build up like calcium, rust, and other minerals. Neither is good for stone.
Home remedies like vinegar and lemon have a pH value of +/- 3 and should never be used on stone that will etch.
In order to assure you will not damage your natural stone surface, what should you use for daily cleaning? That’s right! You are safe every time with a pH neutral cleaner.
pH neutral cleaner, Weiman is designed specifically for daily cleaning of stone and will thoroughly clean safely.
- Specially formulated for Quartz- the #1 newly installed kitchen countertop surface
- Helps protect the resins in quartz and other stones from fading or darkening from sunlight exposure
- Cleans, shines & protects quartz countertops & other sealed stone surfaces
- pH Neutral – safely removes grease, soil, surface stains, and watermarks
- Revitalize – Supreme polishing power brings out a whole new level of luster without damaging surface
Neutral Cleaners are ideal for everyday cleaning but when the job calls for the heavy duty cleaning it’s time for Deep Clean.
If you are wondering how do I clean my new vinyl floors safely? Well, ask no more you have come to the right place. Rejuvenate Luxury Vinyl Flooring Cleaner is the brand we use and we love the results.
- Rejuvenate Luxury Vinyl Flooring Cleaner Is The Perfect Daily Cleaner For All Your Vinyl Floor Tiles
- Removes Dirt And Grime, Along With Chemical Residues Other Luxury Vinyl Flooring Cleaners Leave Behind
- This Best Vinyl Floor Cleaner Leaves No Dulling Film Or Residue And It Can Be Used Daily
- Unique High Performance Formula Which Leaves No Dulling Film Or Residue Will Make Floors Like New Again
- Fast Dry & Let Dry Approximately 10 Minutes Before Walking On Fresh Mopped Floors
If you would like to hire us for your next cleaning service feel free to call us at 347-873-7994.